[ANNOUNCE] Git v1.9.3

From: Junio C Hamano
Date: Fri May 09 2014 - 16:00:20 EST

The latest maintenance release Git v1.9.3 is now available at
the usual places.

The tarballs are found at:

https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/testing/

The following public repositories will all have a copy of the
'v1.9.3' tag and the 'maint' branch that the tag points at:

url = https://kernel.googlesource.com/pub/scm/git/git
url = git://repo.or.cz/alt-git.git
url = https://code.google.com/p/git-core/
url = git://git.sourceforge.jp/gitroot/git-core/git.git
url = git://git-core.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/git-core/git-core
url = https://github.com/gitster/git

but I am cutting 2.0.0-rc3 today, so you may have to wait for a bit
until these repositories are updated.

Git v1.9.3 Release Notes
========================

Fixes since v1.9.2
------------------

* "git p4" dealing with changes in binary files were broken by a
change in 1.9 release.

* The shell prompt script (in contrib/), when using the PROMPT_COMMAND
interface, used an unsafe construct when showing the branch name in
$PS1.

* "git rebase" used a POSIX shell construct FreeBSD /bin/sh does not
work well with.

* Some more Unicode codepoints defined in Unicode 6.3 as having
zero width have been taught to our display column counting logic.

* Some tests used shell constructs that did not work well on
FreeBSD.

Changes since v1.9.2 are as follows:

Jonathan Nieder (1):
shell doc: remove stray "+" in example

Junio C Hamano (2):
Start preparing for 1.9.3
Git 1.9.3

Kyle J. McKay (4):
test: fix t7001 cp to use POSIX options
test: fix t5560 on FreeBSD
rebase: avoid non-function use of "return" on FreeBSD
Revert "rebase: fix run_specific_rebase's use of "return" on FreeBSD"

Richard Hansen (1):
git-prompt.sh: don't put unsanitized branch names in $PS1

Tolga Ceylan (1):
git-p4: format-patch to diff-tree change breaks binary patches

Torsten BÃgershausen (1):
utf8.c: partially update to version 6.3