Re: BUG_ON drivers/char/random.c:986 (Was: perf: use after free in perf_remove_from_context)

From: Peter Zijlstra
Date: Fri May 16 2014 - 12:21:31 EST

On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 09:06:13AM -0700, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> On 05/16/2014 08:34 AM, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
> >
> > While fuzzing to reproduce my issue I hit the below, its triggered loads
> > of times and then the machine wedged (needed a power cycle), I can
> > provide the full console log if people care.
> >
> > Anybody seen that one before?
> >

> I certainly haven't... this bad. Any idea what the actual system call
> looked like?

Sadly, no, while I had syscall tracing enabled, the bug I'm chasing is
non fatal so I hadn't set it to dump on bug -- not that dumping 24*1.4M
trace buffers over serial would've completed this side of the century.

I did save the trinity output (including seeds) but my experience so far
is that that is no guarantee for reproduction.