remap_file_pages() use

From: Kenny Simpson
Date: Sun May 18 2014 - 00:03:32 EST

I saw that remap_file_pages() was possibly going away to be replaced
by some emulation. I've used this call in several projects over the
years mostly as a way of mapping multiple virtual memory pages to
alias the same private or shared memory region (to do things like
circular buffers). mmap()
in the case of anonymous memory doesn't work as well since there is
not a file descriptor to reference.

Would this sort of thing be supported in the emulation, or should I be
planning on reimplementing/rewriting some things?

thanks,
-Kenny