Re: [Fwd: Re: [goldfish] genirq: Flags mismatch irq 4. 00000000 (serial) vs. 00000080 (goldfish_pdev_bus)]

From: Alan Cox
Date: Mon May 19 2014 - 09:58:57 EST

> > > 0day kernel testing robot got the below dmesg and the first bad commit is
> > >
> > > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/staging.git staging-next
> > > commit 9b17aeec232a5f0a61ce3952c2e728a0eeddda8b

I don't believe this one is actually a bug. Or rather it's an annoyance
that was already present on the 32bit Goldfish and I don't see a way of
avoiding it.

Goldfish is an Android emulator not a PC, if you build a Goldfish kernel
it won't run on a PC and mixing the setup gives nonsense results.

I don't know of any way to reliably detect we are running on Goldfish.
Given that it's easy enough to fix up a bit so I'll see if I can find
any documented way to detect Goldfish.

Alan