Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the mfd-lj tree

From: Linus Walleij
Date: Thu May 22 2014 - 18:15:34 EST

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 10:01 AM, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> drivers/mfd/stmpe.c: In function 'stmpe_irq_init':
> drivers/mfd/stmpe.c:1000:15: error: 'struct stmpe' has no member named 'irq_base'
> base = stmpe->irq_base;
> ^
>
> Caused by commit 3ba1d516d5fe ("mfd: stmpe: root out static GPIO and
> IRQ assignments").

Some mishap in merging these patches I think. I don't have that
line in my branch with the latest patches, I'll get the proper
versions to Lee somehow.

> This is exactly the same error and commit I reported against the gpio
> tree on Friday. Why has it come back?

It is supposed to come through both trees but I took the branch
out of GPIO after the initial troubles, but it seems to remain in
MFD.

Yours,
Linus Walleij