Re: Radeon wakeup regression in 3.15-rc6

From: Woody Suwalski
Date: Sun May 25 2014 - 08:52:28 EST

Malte SchrÃder wrote:
Hi,
I just tried 3.15-rc6. I encountered a pretty nasty problem, which is
after suspending to RAM the system doesn't wake up properly. v3.14 is fine.
On wakeup all seems fine, i.e. hd starts to spin an USB-stuff wakes up.
But all I get from the graphics card is a white screen slowly filling
with random colored pixels. I had to hard reset the system.

I attached the kernel log, the X-servers log, lspci-output and my kernel
config.

Regards
Malte
I have seen a bit of a screen distortion at the bottom of LCD on Radeon after a wakeup.
I tried to re-run with drm.debug=0x0e, however once I did it - the problem has disappeared, and I have not been able to duplicate it again. So just watching for now.
OTOH I have seen (only one time) a black screen after wakeup on Nvidia. So maybe some timing is now exposed in PM / DRM...

Woody