Re: Bad DMA from Marvell 9230

From: Roger Heflin
Date: Fri May 30 2014 - 10:14:11 EST

I had a 9230...on older kernels it worked "ok" so long as you did not
do any smart commands, I removed it and went to something that works.
Marvell appears to be hit and miss with some cards/chips working
right and some not...

Do enough smartcmds and the entire board (all 4 ports) locked up and
required a reboot, I quit doing smartcmds and stability went way up,
but it was still not 100% stable.

Supplier support "claimed" it to be a Linux AHCI bug as the "claim"
that their board correctly supports AHCI, even though all other AHCI
boards work right in this exact same use case in the exact same
machine.