Re: [kernel] man-pages-3.68 is released

From: Mr. James W. Laferriere
Date: Tue Jun 03 2014 - 13:48:04 EST

Helo Michael , Thank you !-) JimL

On Thu, 29 May 2014, Michael Kerrisk (man-pages) wrote:

Gidday,

The Linux man-pages maintainer proudly announces his 150th release
as project maintainer:

man-pages-3.68 - man pages for Linux

Tarball download:
http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/download.html
Git repository:
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/docs/man-pages/man-pages.git/
Online changelog:
http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/changelog.html#release_3.68

A short summary of the release is blogged at:
http://linux-man-pages.blogspot.com/2014/05/man-pages-368-is-released.html

The current version of the pages is browsable at:
http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/

A few changes in this release that may be of interest to readers of
this list are given below.

Cheers,

Michael

==================== Changes in man-pages-3.68 ====================

Released: 2014-05-28, Munich

New and rewritten pages
-----------------------

localedef.1
Marko Myllynen, Richard Braakman, Alastair McKinstry, Lars Wirzenius
New page for localedef(1)
Add new page based on Debian localedef(1) page.

Changes to individual pages
---------------------------

locale.1
Marko Myllynen
Provide a step-by-step example of how to use a custom locale

fork.2
Michael Kerrisk
ERRORS: add pid_max and threads-max to EAGAIN
And rewrite text to be the same as pthread_create(3).

proc.5
Michael Kerrisk
'pid_max' is a system-wide limit on number of threads and processes
Since PIDs > /proc/sys/kernel/pid_max are not allocated, this
file thus also imposes a system-wide limit on the number of
threads and processes.

capabilities.7
Michael Kerrisk
CAP_SYS_ADMIN allows overriding RLIMIT_NPROC
Michael Kerrisk
CAP_SYS_PTRACE allows process_vm_readv(2) and process_vm_writev(2)

inotify.7
Heinrich Schuchardt
Add example program
This example of the usage of the inotify API shows the
usage of inotify_init1(2) and inotify_add_watch(2) as well
as polling and reading from the inotify file descriptor.

locale.7
Marko Myllynen [Michael Kerrisk]
Document the LOCPATH environment variable