GFS2: Pull request (merge window)

From: Steven Whitehouse
Date: Wed Jun 04 2014 - 05:33:37 EST

Hi,

Please consider pulling the following changes,

Steve.

The following changes since commit 6ca2a88ad820af56535ed1e6936e0490cb6ec6dc:

Merge branch 'x86-urgent-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip (2014-04-16 16:40:18 -0700)

are available in the git repository at:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/steve/gfs2-3.0-nmw.git tags/gfs2-merge-window

for you to fetch changes up to 0e48e055a7dfc0cf17bbabe4d9b523ee0b1a9ed6:

GFS2: Prevent recovery before the local journal is set (2014-06-02 19:12:06 +0100)

This must be about the smallest merge window patch set ever for GFS2.
It is probably also the first one without a single patch from me. That
is down to a combination of factors, and I have some things in the works
that are not quite ready yet, that I hope to put in next time around.

Returning to what is here this time... we have 3 patches which fix
various warnings. Two are bug fixes (for quotas and also a
rare recovery race condition). The final patch, from Ben Marzinski,
is an important change in the freeze code which has been in
progress for some time. This removes the need to take and drop the
transaction lock for every single transaction, when the only time it
was used, was at file system freeze time. Ben's patch integrates the
freeze operation into the journal flush code as an alternative with
lower overheads and also lands up resolving some difficult to fix races
at the same time.

Abhi Das (1):
GFS2: quotas not being refreshed in gfs2_adjust_quota

Benjamin Marzinski (1):
GFS2: remove transaction glock

Bob Peterson (1):
GFS2: Prevent recovery before the local journal is set

Fabian Frederick (3):
GFS2: lops.c: replace 0 by NULL for pointers
GFS2: fs/gfs2/bmap.c: kernel-doc warning fixes
GFS2: fs/gfs2/file.c: kernel-doc warning fixes

fs/gfs2/aops.c | 2 +-
fs/gfs2/bmap.c | 8 ++--
fs/gfs2/file.c | 12 +++---
fs/gfs2/glops.c | 51 ++++++++++++++--------