[PERF] TUI bug when interpreting JIT .map files

From: Trevor Norris
Date: Wed Jun 04 2014 - 14:27:26 EST

When reading the .map file for JIT usage in perf report using
the TUI interface there is a specific circumstance where perf
closes almost immediately.

A quick refresher on the contents of the .map file:

<address> <instruction size> <instruction>

The bug is manifested when the same address is listed twice, but
the instruction size differs.

This bug does not occur with the stdio or gtk interfaces.

I plan on attempting to fix this issue. Though my coding chops
aren't yet at par with kernel development. Hence why I post this
now in the case someone else wishes to investigate and is able
to create a patch first.

Please CC me on any response.

/trev
@trevnorris