Re: [GIT PULL] locking tree changes for v3.16

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Thu Jun 05 2014 - 04:29:42 EST

* Thomas Gleixner <tglx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Jun 2014, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> >
> > * Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > I'd actually prefer against something like the v3.15-rc8 tag, just so
> > > that the tree is otherwise "pristine".

> > > It would be great to have Davidlohr go over it too, and if
> > > possible have it run through the build robots. [...]
> >
> > The build/boot robots found breakage and that is why its first
> > iteration was removed, I didn't have fundamental objections.
>
> I'll queue Peters lot up and we let Davidlohr and Fengguang lose on
> it. I run it through my own machinery, so that should work out. ok?

I'll queue them - there's only 5 locking patches pending from PeterZ:

#
# <= locking/core
#
davidlohr_bueso-rwsem-support_optimistic_spinning.patch
davidlohr_bueso-rwsem-fix_warnings_for_config_rwsem_generic_spinlock.patch
rwsem-akpm.patch
qrwlock1.patch
qrwlock2.patch

and I first delayed them two weeks ago because there was breakage, and
then earlier this week because the merge window started - there's no
'huge queue' really.

Anyway, I too agree that we can merge them.

Thanks,

Ingo