Re: [GIT PULL] UniCore32 update for v3.15-rc8

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Jun 05 2014 - 18:15:03 EST

On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 10:30 PM, guanxuetao <guanxuetao@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This is unicore32 pull request for v3.15-rc8.

So I can't pull this, because you rebased it recently, and you rebased
it on a random git-tree-of-the-day thing.

That's a bad idea in general and I ask people to not do that, but it's
*doubly* bad this time, because I don't think it's critical enough to
hit 3.15 (there are *no* unicore32 changes pending in 3.15, so "fixes"
that come in after -rc8 are clearly not fixing anything that happened
during the merge window).

So I could pull it into my "next" branch for 3.16, but that one was
based on 3.15-rc8, and you rebased your patches on top of somethinig
more recent than that.

End result: I'm not pulling this. You shouldn't have rebased things in
the first place, and you definitely shouldn't have rebased on some
random "git tree of the day" that wasn't any real release or even rc.

I can pull it after I've done 3.15 and merged that into my next branch
(which will then become my normal "master" branch), because by then my
development tree will have the base that you used for applying your
patches.

Linus