Re: Unionmount and overlayfs testsuite

From: David Howells
Date: Thu Jun 05 2014 - 18:17:10 EST

Miklos Szeredi <miklos@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Shell script is the one I'm most familiar with, and that maybe true
> for other kernel developers too.
>
> Also, it's what xfstests are using and it would make sense to move
> towards that. Although I'm not sure how well it supports
> multiple-device filesystems.

It was already shell script, but I can do all the layer checking and
automatically fixing up the error prediction for when pathnames have slashes
appended much more easily in something like python where I can build and
maintain a map of the state of the filesystem.

See:

http://git.infradead.org/users/dhowells/unionmount-testsuite.git/shortlog/refs/heads/switch-to-python

I've also added tests to exercise mkdir and rmdir and have enabled the unlink
tests. So far so good with overlayfs.

David