Re: [GIT PULL] x86/vdso changes for v3.16

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Fri Jun 06 2014 - 17:13:12 EST

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 2:09 PM, Andy Lutomirski <luto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The only real downside to that would be the chance of bitrot if that
> code isn't getting used on native builds.

Sure. Does anybody really care?

You could obviously just open-code the things, but the fact is,
"le64toh()" isn't exactly a standard function anyway, so now that I
see it needed I go "yeah, that's clearly completely unacceptable".

I'd much rather say "screw cross-compiling" (because let's face it,
nobody sane cross-compiles x86 on anything else) than say "screw old
machines".

Linus