Re: Interactivity regression since v3.11 in mm/vmscan.c

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sun Jun 08 2014 - 17:33:30 EST

On Sat, Jun 7, 2014 at 11:24 AM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Comments? Mel, this code is mostly attributed to you, I'd like to hear
> what you think in particular.

In the meantime, I've removed the "nr_unqueued_dirty == nr_taken"
check for congestion_wait(), since I can't see how it can possibly be
sensible, and Felipe confirmed that it fixes his interactivity issue.

Nobody commented on it, but let's see if we get reactions to the
behavior changing..

Linus