Re: Possible netns creation and execution performance/scalability regression since v3.8 due to rcu callbacks being offloaded to multiple cpus

From: Rafael Tinoco
Date: Wed Jun 11 2014 - 21:14:13 EST

Ok, some misconfiguration here probably, never mind. I'll finish the
tests tomorrow, compare with existent ones and let you know asap. Tks.

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 10:09 PM, Eric W. Biederman
<ebiederm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Rafael Tinoco <rafael.tinoco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> I'm getting a kernel panic with your patch:
>>
>> -- panic
>> -- mount_block_root
>> -- mount_root
>> -- prepare_namespace
>> -- kernel_init_freeable
>>
>> It is giving me an unknown block device for the same config file i
>> used on other builds. Since my test is running on a kvm guest under a
>> ramdisk, i'm still checking if there are any differences between this
>> build and other ones but I think there aren't.
>>
>> Any chances that "prepare_namespace" might be breaking mount_root ?
>
> My patch boots for me....
>
> Eric

Rafael David Tinoco
Software Sustaining Engineer @ Canonical
Canonical Technical Services Engineering Team
# Email: rafael.tinoco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (GPG: 87683FC0)
# Phone: +55.11.9.6777.2727 (Americas/Sao_Paulo)
# LP: ~inaddy | IRC: tinoco | Skype: rafael.tinoco