[git pull] device mapper changes for 3.16

From: Mike Snitzer
Date: Thu Jun 12 2014 - 10:13:49 EST

Hi Linus,

This pull request is later than I'd have liked because I was waiting for
some performance data to help finally justify sending the long-standing
dm-crypt cpu scalability improvements upstream. Unfortunately we came
up short, so those dm-crypt changes will continue to wait, but it seems
we're not far off.

The following changes since commit fad01e866afdbe01a1f3ec06a39c3a8b9e197014:

Linux 3.15-rc8 (2014-06-01 19:12:24 -0700)

are available in the git repository at:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/device-mapper/linux-dm.git tags/dm-3.16-changes

for you to fetch changes up to 09869de57ed2728ae3c619803932a86cb0e2c4f8:

dm thin: update discard_granularity to reflect the thin-pool blocksize (2014-06-11 16:56:12 -0400)

Please pull, thanks.
Mike

. Add dm_accept_partial_bio interface to DM core to allow DM targets
to only process a portion of a bio, the remainder being sent in the
next bio. This enables the old dm snapshot-origin target to only
split write bios on chunk boundaries, read bios are now sent to the
origin device unchanged.

. Add DM core support for disabling WRITE SAME if the underlying SCSI
layer disables it due to command failure.

. Reduce lock contention in DM's bio-prison.

. A few small cleanups and fixes to dm-thin and dm-era.

Heinz Mauelshagen (1):
dm bio prison: implement per bucket locking in the dm_bio_prison hash table

Joe Thornber (2):
dm thin: cleanup noflush_work to use a proper completion
dm era: check for a non-NULL metadata object before closing it

Lukas Czerner (1):
dm thin: update discard_granularity to reflect the thin-pool blocksize

Mike Snitzer (3):
dm thin: return ENOSPC instead of EIO when error_if_no_space enabled
dm: disable WRITE SAME if it fails
dm: remove symbol export for dm_set_device_limits

Mikulas Patocka (4):
dm: change sector_count member in clone_info from sector_t to unsigned
dm: introduce dm_accept_partial_bio
dm snapshot: allocate a per-target structure for snapshot-origin target
dm snapshot: do not split read bios sent to snapshot-origin target

drivers/md/dm-bio-prison.c | 70 ++++++++++++++++++--------------
drivers/md/dm-bio-prison.h | 2 +-
drivers/md/dm-era-target.c | 3 +-
drivers/md/dm-mpath.c | 11 +----
drivers/md/dm-table.c | 5 +--
include/linux/device-mapper.h | 10 ++---