Re: perf: Add support for full Intel event lists v6

From: Hagen Paul Pfeifer
Date: Sat Jun 14 2014 - 16:49:40 EST

Probably too late, but IMHO the subcommand "download" is unhappy
named. What is "downloaded"? traces? Python helper libs for
perf-python support, I don't know it. What about "events-download",
"events-database", ...

I also thought about further sub-command to delete the cache, update
the cache, limit pull to specific vendors, ... I know this is the
first shot and further subcommands can be added. But we will end up in
something like
E.g.:

perf events-download pull
perf events-download pull --vendor amd