Re: [RFC 0/2] __vdso_findsym

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Sun Jun 15 2014 - 15:15:08 EST

If it doesn't, then you incur an additional indirection penalty. The strong __vdso symbol allows the libc wrapper to fall back to the vdso implementation, the weak symbol allows three to be no wrapper at all. This is good.

The reason for changing ABI would be shifting types. This is very much how glibc manages transitions.

--
Sent from my mobile phone. Please pardon brevity and lack of formatting.