Re: [RFT v5h printk: allow increasing the ring buffer depending on the number of CPUs

From: Luis R. Rodriguez
Date: Wed Jun 18 2014 - 06:59:42 EST

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 10:31:02AM +0200, Petr Mládek wrote:
> On Wed 2014-06-18 02:18:16, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> I am happy with this solution. And I agree that it is better to split
> log_buf_len_align() in a separate patch as you suggested in the other
> mail.

OK just to be on safe side I noticed memblock_virt_alloc() and
memblock_virt_alloc_nopanic() allow passing an explicit alignment
requirement, traced back the orignal code with no good reason to
not use the LOG_ALIGN, so I think using that would be the safest
thing to do. Will roll that into the first patch, curious if the
folks that ran into the alignment issues on ARM could reproduce
an align barf without this on some situations, perhaps not because
of the power of 2 thing and since the min value for LOG_BUF_SHIFT
is 12.

Luis