Re: Build error - vmlinux.lds [Re: linux-next: Tree for Jun 18]

From: Russell King - ARM Linux
Date: Wed Jun 18 2014 - 07:56:19 EST

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 04:50:43PM +0530, Sachin Kamat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I observe the following build error while building uImage for ARM.
>
> Kernel: arch/arm/boot/Image is ready
> make[2]: *** No rule to make target
> `arch/arm/boot/compressed/vmlinux.lds', needed by
> `arch/arm/boot/compressed/vmlinux'. Stop.
> make[1]: *** [arch/arm/boot/compressed/vmlinux] Error 2
> make: *** [uImage] Error 2

Works fine here against an empty object tree:

http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/build/file.php?lid=9591

Are you building into an already-built object tree or rebuilding an
already built tree?

This is likely caused by make getting confused over the dependencies.
I suggest making clean to recover from this error.

--
FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line: now at 9.7Mbps down 460kbps up... slowly
improving, and getting towards what was expected from it.