Re: __schedule #DF splat

From: Paolo Bonzini
Date: Fri Jun 27 2014 - 07:41:40 EST

Il 27/06/2014 12:18, Borislav Petkov ha scritto:
Joerg says I should bisect but I'm busy with other stuff. If people are
interested in chasing this further, I could free up some time to do
so...

Please first try "-M pc-1.7" on the 2.0 QEMU. If it fails, please do bisect it. A QEMU bisection between one release only usually takes only half an hour or so for me.

I use

../configure --target-list=x86_64-softmmu && make distclean &&
../configure --target-list=x86_64-softmmu &&
make -j8 subdir-x86_64-softmmu

Until it's below 50 commits. After that point just "make -j8 subdir-x86_64-softmmu" should do. This ensures that build system changes do not bite you as you move back and forth in time.

Thanks!

Paolo