Re: scsi-mq V2

From: Christoph Hellwig
Date: Tue Jul 08 2014 - 10:48:37 EST

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 06:51:47PM +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> Changes from V1:
> - rebased on top of the core-for-3.17 branch, most notable the
> scsi logging changes
> - fixed handling of cmd_list to prevent crashes for some heavy
> workloads
> - fixed incorrect handling of !target->can_queue
> - avoid scheduling a workqueue on I/O completions when no queues
> are congested
>
> In addition to the patches in this thread there also is a git available at:
>
> git://git.infradead.org/users/hch/scsi.git scsi-mq.2

I've pushed out a new scsi-mq.3 branch, which has been rebased on the
latest core-for-3.17 tree + the "RFC: clean up command setup" series
from June 29th. Robert Elliot found a problem with not fully zeroed
out UNMAP CDBs, which is fixed by the saner discard handling in that
series.

There is a new patch to factor the code from the above series for
blk-mq use, which I've attached below. Besides that the only changes
are minor merge fixups in the main blk-mq usage patch.

---