Re: gpio-omap: wakeup mask

From: Tony Lindgren
Date: Wed Jul 09 2014 - 06:41:51 EST

* Pascal Huerst <pascal.huerst@xxxxxxxxx> [140709 03:18]:
> Hey Tony, all
>
> On 04.07.2014 09:27, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> > * Pascal Huerst <pascal.huerst@xxxxxxxxx> [140702 05:12]:
> >> Hi everyone,
> >>
> >> we have a device with an am335x and are using some gpios on bank0 to
> >> wake up the device from suspend to ram.
> >>
> >> We have some user buttons which are configured in the devicetree as
> >> gpio-keys and one power-key which should wake up the device:
> >>
> >> &buttons {
> >> power {
> >> label = "Power";
> >> gpios = <&gpio0 6 1>;
> >> linux,code = <116>;
> >> gpio-key,wakeup;
> >> };
> >>
> >> one {
> >> label = "One";
> >> gpios = <&gpio0 11 1>;
> >> linux,code = <2>;
> >> };
> >>
> >> : : :
> >> }
> >>
> >> The problem is, that the device wakes up on any trigger on bank 0. No
> >> matter which button was pressed. "gpio-key,wakeup" seems not to have any
> >> influence.
> >>
> >> Now, if I comment the following lines out in drivers/gpio/gpio-omap.c :
> >> set_gpio_trigger(...).
> >>
> >> 321
> >> 322 if (likely(!(bank->non_wakeup_gpios & gpio_bit))) {
> >> 323 _gpio_rmw(base, bank->regs->wkup_en, gpio_bit, trigger != 0);
> >> 324 bank->context.wake_en =
> >> 325 readl_relaxed(bank->base + bank->regs->wkup_en);
> >> 326 }
> >> 327
> >>
> >> Everything works as expected. But I don't really understand why? Is this
> >> a bug, or does this break something else I have not discovered yet?
> >
> > The GPIO wake-up events are working from off-idle for omap3
> > the last time I checked, so sounds like this is some am335x
> > related issue.
>
> Ok, that sounds reasonable.
>
> > What does your bank->context.wake_en mask get set to with this code?
>
> by calling 'echo mem > /sys/power/state' followed by a wakeup, I get the
> following:
>
> [ 28.992866] bank->context->wake_en = 00080040
> [ 29.020974] PM: noirq resume of devices complete after 22.439 msecs

I guess that's for gpio bank 0 with no bit 11 as your dts has it
configured. If you just comment out the _gpio_rmw part above do
things work as expected?

Then if that works as expected, maybe write only some unused bits
into wkup_en register and see if it still wakes to all events while
it should not?

It might be worth comparing the GPIO registers between am37xx and
am335x for the wkup_en register.

Regards,

Tony