Re: [BISECTED 3.16-rc REGREGRESSION] backlight control stopped working

From: BjÃrn Mork
Date: Tue Jul 15 2014 - 03:33:42 EST

Hans de Goede <hdegoede@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> It breaks things on exotic setups,

I find your attitude extremely arrogant. If you want to run a
non-exotic setup then you should definitely not consider Linux for your
desktop system...

I am trying to help you sort out a bug in code you have written, before
it hits a release. I do not really expect to receive a beer for this,
but maybe a little less of the "yes, I know there is a bug and I don't
give a damn" attitude.

Yes, I can of course fix *my* system, making your reported bug count go
from 1 to 0. Does that help you in any way? How does that make your
projected number of affected users change?

BjÃrn