Re: Scheduler regression from caffcdd8d27ba78730d5540396ce72ad022aff2c

From: Bruno Wolff III
Date: Thu Jul 17 2014 - 14:55:58 EST

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 20:43:16 +0200,
Dietmar Eggemann <dietmar.eggemann@xxxxxxx> wrote:

If you could apply the patch:

https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/7/17/288

and then run it on your machine, that would give us more details, i.e. the information on which sched_group(s) and in which sched domain level (SMT and/or DIE) this issue occurs.

Another thing which you could do is to boot with an extra 'earlyprintk=keep sched_debug' in your command line options with a build containing the cpumask_clear() in build_sched_groups() and extract the dmesg output of the scheduler-setup code:

I'll see what I can do. I have plans after work today and I don't know if I'll be awake enough when I get home to followup tonight or early tomorrow. Worst case will be over the weekend.