Re: general protection fault on 3.15.6

From: Alexander Holler
Date: Thu Jul 24 2014 - 03:06:54 EST

Am 23.07.2014 19:50, schrieb Steven Noonan:
(Oops, LKML doesn't like rich text, resending. Was trying to avoid
GMail's bad line wrapping. Going to use Mutt instead.)

I'm starting to wonder if it's bad RAM or something. Just got a couple of
worrying warnings on boot from the same system (after it spontaneously
rebooted, with nothing revealing in the previous boot's logs).

I once had such too and since then I'm using memtest=3 in my kernel command line on x86* machines. Depending on the amount of RAM it will slow down boot by a few seconds, but if you don't care if your machine comes up in 5 or 10 seconds, it is a no-brainer.

Regards,

Alexander Holler