RE: 3.16-rc6+: r8169 fresh new irq lock inversion

From: Hayes Wang
Date: Thu Jul 24 2014 - 05:02:10 EST

Borislav Petkov [mailto:bp@xxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2014 4:19 PM
> To: nic_swsd
> Cc: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; lkml
> Subject: 3.16-rc6+: r8169 fresh new irq lock inversion
>
> Hi all,
>
> I got this new lockdep splat after booting rc6 + tip/master this
> morning. I haven't seen it before so it must be new in rc6
> which should
> be easy to pinpoint... or maybe there's already a fix queued
> somewhere. :)

I have no idea about why you see the messages. I don't think
the patches which submitted previously for r8169.c would cause
the problem. Although I have submitted some patches about IPv6,
the hw checksum should be off by default. That is, the behavior
should be the same with the previous one.

Best Regards,
Hayes