Bug on Boot of Ubuntu 14.04 with kernel 3.16 r6 release

From: Nick Krause
Date: Fri Jul 25 2014 - 21:34:50 EST

Hey Guys,
After building my first rc kernel. I am sad to state it doesn't
boot.It states that it can't find my root uuid for my ssd boot drive.
I am using GSP with UEFI, on a Sandy Bridge i5 2500k build I have had
for a few years. The kernel boots and after a few seconds
drops to a busybox ash shell stating it can't find my root device. I
am using the default Ubuntu build for this and it did boot
before with x86_64 defconfig without my sound through. Seems to me an
issue with the Ubuntu built kernel and not upstream
at least from what I can tell. I will attach my .config to help
through or my sound drivers.
Nick