Re: Open-ended task In kernel

From: gregkh
Date: Tue Jul 29 2014 - 11:15:26 EST

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 12:46:46PM +0530, sanjeev sharma wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have started recently in contributing into Linux kernel and submitted patches
> in staging directory and now I want to do outside staging directory specially
> in main kernel and driver part.Do we have anything in Linux kernel i.e some
> specific areas which I can looked upon.I think we should have some list of
> open-point where people can contribute.
>
> If anyone has some information,please share on mailing list so that I can focus
> myself in correct direction.

Yes, I know lots of "open ended" tasks in the kernel.

But just because I, or someone else, writes them down doesn't mean that
you will want to do them, or be sucessful at them.

My suggestion always is, "Find something that bothers you, fix it, and
go from there." And if you can't find a problem with the kernel on your
machine, then you really aren't looking hard enough.

Best of luck,

greg k-h