RE: Kernel Debugging Support

From: Paul Zimmerman
Date: Mon Aug 04 2014 - 15:40:24 EST

Ah, you didn't read far enough down the page :)

---
System.Fundamentals.DebugPort.USB.SystemExposesDebugInterfaceUsb
USB 3 system exposes debug interface that complies with Debug Port Specification

Target Feature
System.Fundamentals.DebugPort.USB

Applies to
Windows 8 Client x86, x64, ARM (Windows RT)
Windows 8.1 Client x86, x64, ARM (Windows RT 8.1)
Windows Server 2012 R2 x64
Windows Server 2012 x64

Description

Systems that support USB 3 are required to have xHCI controller(s) compliant to the xHCI debug specification. The xHCI controller(s) shall be memory mapped.

There must be at least one user accessible USB 3.0 debug port on the machine.

Enforcement Date
Mar. 01, 2012
---

So I have to believe there are a *lot* of systems out there that do support xHCI debug.

--
Paul