tip/x86/apic (was: Re: [Bugfix 1/2] x86, irq, PCI: Keep IRQ assignment for PCI devices during suspend/hibernation)

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Thu Aug 07 2014 - 07:03:43 EST

On Wed, Aug 06, 2014 at 07:09:37PM +0200, Borislav Petkov wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 06, 2014 at 06:22:52PM +0800, Jiang Liu wrote:
> > I have prepared a tree for you at
> > https://github.com/jiangliu/linux.git suspend2
> >
> > It's based on tip/master and includes:
> > 1) the patch to fix warning caused by USB controller
> > 2) these two patches to fix failure of suspend/hibernation
> >
> > Could you please help to check whether suspend/hibernation works as
> > expect on your platforms?
>
> Seems to work - just did 10-ish successful s/r cycles. The IO page
> faults are still there though.

Ok, tip guys, so JÃrg and I talked about the IOPFs a bit and we feel
that while they still need to be taken care of, they're harmless and
there's no need to hold off tip/x86/apic anymore unless there are other
problems with it.

So, from my POV, it can go in so that it doesn't miss this merge window
and we'd deal with the IOPFs later.

I'm guessing Jiang needs to give you some updated versions of patches
from this thread for the branch to be complete. Jiang, please add my

Tested-by: Borislav Petkov <bp@xxxxxxx>

for those.

Thanks to everyone involved.

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

Sent from a fat crate under my desk. Formatting is fine.