From: Mantas MikulÄnas
Date: Sat Aug 09 2014 - 10:27:58 EST

As of commit 4bf7111f5016 ("x86/efi: Support initrd loaded above 4G"),
the kernel freezes at the earliest possible moment when trying to boot
via UEFI on my Asus laptop. (It still boots via BIOS.)

If I revert that commit on current master (c309bfa9b481), it boots
correctly again [although I see "setup_efi_pci() failed" being printed].

(Seems like it freezes when handle_cmdline_files() attempts to read
the last chunk of the initramfs -- the last call to efi_file_read()
never returns. Figuring out why that happens is beyond me, though.)

--
Mantas MikulÄnas <grawity@xxxxxxxxx>