Re: [sched] 143e1e28cb4: +17.9% aim7.jobs-per-min, -9.7% hackbench.throughput

From: Fengguang Wu
Date: Sun Aug 10 2014 - 21:24:00 EST

On Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 05:05:03PM +0200, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 06:54:13PM +0800, Fengguang Wu wrote:
> > The "brickland1/aim7/6000-page_test" is the test case part.
> >
> > The "TOTAL XXX" is the metric part. One test run may generate lots of
> > metrics, reflecting different aspect of the system dynamics.
> >
> > This view may be easier to read, by grouping the metrics by test case.
>
> Right, at least that makes more sense.
>
> > test case: brickland1/aim7/6000-page_test
>
> Ok, so next question, what is a brickland? I suspect its a machine of
> sorts, seeing how some others had wsm in that part of the test. Now I
> know what a westmere is, but I've never heard of a brickland.

As Ingo says, it's the "Brickland" platform with "Ivy Bridge-EX" CPU.

Sorry this part can be improved -- I'll add description of the test
boxes in future reports.

> Please describe the machine, this is a topology patch, so we need to
> know the topology of the affected machines.

Here they are. If you need more (or less) information (now and future),
please let me know.

brickland1: Brickland Ivy Bridge-EX
Memory: 128G

brickland3: Brickland Ivy Bridge-EX