Re: Implement lbr-as-callgraph v9

From: Jiri Olsa
Date: Tue Aug 12 2014 - 09:51:12 EST

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 10:17:00AM -0700, Andi Kleen wrote:

SNIP

> v5:
> - Rename functions
> - Fix gtk build problem
> - Fix crash without -g
> - Improve error messages
> - Improve srcline display in various ways
> v6:
> - Port to latest perf/core
> v7:
> - Really port to latest perf/core
> v8:
> - Rebased on 3.16-rc1
> v9:
> - Forward ported to latest tip/perf/core
>
> Example output:
>
> % perf record -b -g ./tsrc/tcall

Why do we need the '-g' in here.. '-b' should be enough right?
I saw u fill the rest of the backtrace with callchain
data (if needed), but thats not necessary right?

> [ perf record: Woken up 1 times to write data ]
> [ perf record: Captured and wrote 0.044 MB perf.data (~1923 samples) ]
> % perf report --branch-history

When I captured data like you above and run pure 'perf report'
I did not get callchains displayed at all.

Also using 'perf report --branch-history' enables filename:line
suffix for callchain regardless of using '-b' for data capture

jirka