[PATCH v9] Add architectural support for PCI in AArch64
From: Liviu Dudau
Date: Tue Aug 12 2014 - 13:27:10 EST
This patch adds support for PCI to AArch64. It is based on my v9 patch
that adds support for creating generic host bridge structure from
device tree. With that in place, I was able to boot a platform that
has PCIe host bridge support and use a PCIe network card.
Changes from v8:
- Added support for generic PCI domains
Changes from v7:
- Rebased to v3.16-rc3
- Removed pci_ioremap_io() function as it is provided by my v8 generic
PCI host bridge patches under a different name.
Changes from v6:
- Guard the pci_domain_nr() inline implementation with #ifdef CONFIG_PCI as
to avoid conflict with default empty version present in include/linux/pci.h.
Thanks to Jingoo Han for catching this.
Changes from v5:
- Removed pcibios_fixup_bridge_ranges() as the week default version is fine.
- Removed the ALIGN() call in pcibios_align_resource()
- Stopped exporting pcibios_align_resource()
Changes from v4:
- Fixed the pci_domain_nr() implementation for arm64. Now we use
find_pci_host_bride() to find the host bridge before we retrieve
the domain number.
Changes from v3:
- Added Acks accumulated so far ;)
- Still carrying Catalin's patch for moving the PCI_IO_BASE until it
lands in linux-next or mainline, in order to ease applying the series
Changes from v2:
- Implement an arch specific version of pci_register_io_range() and
- Return 1 from pci_proc_domain().
Changes from v1:
- Added Catalin's patch for moving the PCI_IO_BASE location and extend
its size to 16MB
- Integrated Arnd's version of pci_ioremap_io that uses a bitmap for
keeping track of assigned IO space and returns an io_offset. At the
moment the code is added in arch/arm64 but it can be moved in drivers/pci.
- Added a fix for the generic ioport_map() function when !CONFIG_GENERIC_IOMAP
as suggested by Arnd.
v8 thread here: https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/7/1/705
v7 thread here: https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/3/14/320
v6 thread here: https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/3/5/41
v5 thread here: https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/3/4/307
v4 thread here: https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/3/3/298
v3 thread here: https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/2/28/211
v2 thread here: https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/2/27/255
v1 thread here: https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/2/3/389
Liviu Dudau (1):
arm64: Add architectural support for PCIe
arch/arm64/Kconfig | 22 +++++++++++++++++++-
arch/arm64/include/asm/Kbuild | 1 +
arch/arm64/include/asm/io.h | 3 ++-
arch/arm64/include/asm/pci.h | 37 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
arch/arm64/kernel/Makefile | 1 +
arch/arm64/kernel/pci.c | 48 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
6 files changed, 110 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 arch/arm64/include/asm/pci.h
create mode 100644 arch/arm64/kernel/pci.c
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/