Re: [BUG] oops in cpufreq driver with AMD Kaveri CPU

From: Oleksandr Natalenko
Date: Tue Aug 12 2014 - 14:04:38 EST

Well, I've added the following code to cpufreq_register_notifier()
(drivers/cpufreq/cpufreq.c) to CPUFREQ_TRANSITION_NOTIFIER case:

===
pr_info("Registered transition notifier: %p, (%p)\n", nb->notifier_call, &nb-
>notifier_call);
===

And got the following in my dmesg (only 1 line):

===
$ cat /var/log/kern.log | grep "Registered transition notifier"
Aug 12 17:23:45 defiant kernel: [ 3.084977] cpufreq: Registered transition
notifier: ffffffff81590378, (ffffffff81cb0ba0)
===

System.map tells me, that ffffffff81590378 corresponds to
cpufreq_stat_notifier_trans() (in drivers/cpufreq/cpufreq_stats.c).

Also I've added

===
pr_info("%s\n", __func__);
===

to all callbacks (hello, LXR :)), and got the following occurrences in dmesg:

===
$ cat /var/log/kern.log | egrep -e '(acpi_|cpufreq|notifier)' | awk
'{print($7)}' | sort -u
acpi_processor_ppc_notifier
acpi_thermal_cpufreq_notifier
cpufreq_stat_notifier_policy
===

No extra notifiers are involved so far, but also I haven't caught new hang yet
as it occurs randomly. Still waiting for it, but I hope my little
investigation could help somehow.

--
Oleksandr post-factum Natalenko, MSc
pf-kernel community