Re: OT: Open letter to the Linux World

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Wed Aug 13 2014 - 05:00:35 EST

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 10:27:56AM +0200, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
> And the thing is; we're all very busy so we tend to take the 'easy'
> way out for things like this; but wholesale switching all my machines
> is indeed painful, and I'm not liking.

Right, I think kernel people will gladly jump on a sane solution devoid
of that kids-jerking-off-on-linux-desktop-just-for-the-fun-of-it
situation if someone would present them with one. So, if someone would
come up and do a sane init design without the jerking off, kernel people
would jump on that in a heartbeat. Someone might even start getting
patches from them too. ^^Hint^^ ^^hint^^.

:-)

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

Sent from a fat crate under my desk. Formatting is fine.