Re: [RFC/PATCH 1/2] perf top: Fix -z option behavior

From: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo
Date: Wed Aug 13 2014 - 16:20:31 EST

Em Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 11:47:07PM -0600, David Ahern escreveu:
> On 8/12/14, 10:52 PM, Namhyung Kim wrote:
>
> >Are you sure? I don't recall seeing any big change in this area so I
> >guess the problem existed since long time ago. In fact I couldn't find
> >a logic to zero/clear out existing hist entries in a hists..
>
> Just gave a quick try. v3.4 fails; v3.1 works.

I would say it was this one, without bisecting:

commit ab81f3fd350c510730adb1ca40ef55c2b2952121
Author: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <acme@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed Oct 5 19:16:15 2011 -0300

perf top: Reuse the 'report' hist_entry/hists classes

This actually fixes several problems we had in the old 'perf top':

1. Unresolved symbols not show, limitation that came from the old
"KernelTop" codebase, to solve it we would need to do changes
that would make sym_entry have most of the hist_entry fields.
2. It was using the number of samples, not the sum of sample->period.

And brings the --sort code that allows us to have all the views in
'perf report', for instance:
<SNIP>