RE: Oops: 17 SMP ARM (v3.16-rc2)

From: Mattis Lorentzon
Date: Fri Aug 15 2014 - 01:42:20 EST

Fabio,

> Do the stalls also happen on a pure 3.16 kernel?

Yes, we just tried this out overnight and we get the same stalls here.
We have seen similar problems on a Zynq-based board. It might be
worth noting that a common chip between all three boards is, for
example, the KSZ9021RN, while the FEC driver, for example, only
runs on the two iMX6-boards.

> How can we reproduce the error?

We mostly run SSH with benchmarks using NFS, it can probably be
triggered by using only SSH with the following loop:

# while : ; do ssh arm-card date; done

Our (pure) 3.16 kernel uses the following config.
http://lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1408.1/03045/config.gz

(We have quite generously disabled a lot of sub-systems in our config.)

Best regards,
Mattis Lorentzon

Consider the environment before printing this message.

To read Autoliv's Information and Confidentiality Notice, follow this link:
http://www.autoliv.com/disclaimer.html