[PATCH v12] Convert NVMe driver to blk-mq
From: Matias BjÃrling
Date: Fri Aug 15 2014 - 14:17:24 EST
Thanks to Keith and Jens for feedback. Three fixes have been added. The current
patch is on top of 3.16-rc6, together with the patches from Willy's master tree.
A branch with the patch on top can be found here:
and the separate changes can be found in the nvmemq_v12 branch.
Changes since v11:
* remove unused dev->q_suspended.
* remove unused "queued" label.
* Revert replacement of nvmeq->hctx with nvmeq->tags. It allowed an
use-after-free error to occur when all nvme queues wasn't assigned.
Changes since v10:
* Rebased on top of Linus' v3.16-rc6.
* Incorporated the feedback from Christoph:
a. Insert comment regarding the timeout flow.
b. Moved tags into nvmeq instead of hctx.
c. Moved initialization of tags and nvmeq outside of init_hctx.
d. Refactor submission of commands in the request queue path.
e. Fixes for WARN_ON and BUG_ON.
* Fixed a missing blk_put_request during abort.
* Converted the "Async event request" patch into the request model.
Changes since v9:
* Rebased on top of Linus' v3.16-rc3.
* Ming noted that we should remember to kick the request queue after requeue.
* Jens noted a couple of superfluous warnings.
* Christoph is removed from the contribution section. Instead he is going to
be added as reviewed-by.
Changes since v8:
* QUEUE_FLAG_VIRT_HOLE was renamed to QUEUE_FLAG_SG_GAPS
* Previous revertion of patches lost the IRQ affinity hint
* Removed test code in nvme_reset_notify
Changes since v7:
* Jens implemented support for QUEUE_FLAG_VIRT_HOLE to limit
requests to a continuous range of virtual memory.
* Keith fixed up the abortion logic.
* Usual style fixups
Changes since v6:
* Rebased on top of Matthew's master and Jens' for-linus
* A couple of style fixups
Changes since v5:
* Splits are now supported directly within blk-mq
* Remove nvme_queue->cpu_mask variable
* Remove unnecessary null check
* Style fixups
Changes since v4:
* Fix timeout retries
* Fix naming in nvme_init_hctx
* Fix racy behavior of admin queue in nvme_dev_remove
* Fix wrong return values in nvme_queue_request
* Put cqe_seen back
* Introduce abort_completion for killing timed out I/Os
* Move locks outside of nvme_submit_iod
* Various renaming and style fixes
Changes since v3:
* Added abortion logic
* Fixed possible race on abortion
* Removed req data with flush. Handled by by blk-mq
* Added safety check for submitting user rq to admin queue.
* Use dev->online_queues for nr_hw_queues
* Fix loop with initialization in nvme_create_io_queues
* Style fixups
Changes since v2:
* rebased on top of current 3.16/core.
* use blk-mq queue management for spreading io queues
* removed rcu handling and allocated all io queues up front for mgmt by blk-mq
* removed the need for hotplugging notification
* fixed flush data handling
* fixed double free of spinlock
* various cleanup
Matias BjÃrling (1):
NVMe: Convert to blk-mq
drivers/block/nvme-core.c | 1324 ++++++++++++++++++---------------------------
drivers/block/nvme-scsi.c | 8 +-
include/linux/nvme.h | 15 +-
3 files changed, 537 insertions(+), 810 deletions(-)
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/