Re: [ANNOUNCE] scsi patch queue tree updated

From: James Bottomley
Date: Fri Aug 15 2014 - 15:32:12 EST

On Fri, 2014-08-15 at 12:25 -0700, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 10:47:08AM -0700, James Bottomley wrote:
> > So this is a bit late to get through linux-next and into a pull request.
> > I was planning on sending the final pull tomorrow (in case Linus planned
> > a surprise early release). Can we redo some of these as bug fixes and
> > send them in for -rc1?
>
> core-for-3.17 is entirely bug fixes, the drivers side is all except
> for 4 tiny patches, and even Linus isn't that anal I think.

You rebased the tree before doing it ... that's the one thing that
excites his process gene. I can't send a rebased tree in on the last
day of merging.

I'll send in the unrebased tree which has been sitting in linux-next for
the past week. The two additional changes in core-for-3.17 can be
picked out and sent as eligible bug fixes for -rc1. The only addition
in drivers-for-3.17 is eata: remove driver_lock ... I'm in two minds
about whether we treat that as a bug fix or not.

James