RE: [RFC] usb issue on imx27: 3 clocks are needed

From: Peter Chen
Date: Mon Aug 18 2014 - 06:36:03 EST

> On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 05:00:59PM +0800, Peter Chen wrote:
> > On Sat, Aug 16, 2014 at 05:38:30PM +0200, Philippe Reynes wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > i.MX27's usb needs three clocks (usb_ipg_gate, usb_ahb_gate and
> > > usb_div) but the current chipidea driver implementation, and
> > > devicetree, provides only ipg and ahb. Consequently, if the
> > > bootloader don't enable the last one, the kernel will crash.
> > >
> > > Our approach/idea is to add a second, optionnal, clock in
> > > ci_hdrc_imx.c with 'per' name in devicetree and to add clock name
> 'main_clk' for mandatory clock.
> > > This approach it correct? Or an other approach seems better?
> > > Thank you very much for your point of view.
> > >

> > It is ok for me to have ipg, ahb and per clocks at driver, but how can
> > you maintain DT consistent?
>
> Adding new clock as optional one will just maintain the DT compatibility.

How to handle node_usb_soc1's clock which is without clk name to consistent with three
clocks for node_usb_soc2 at driver? Except for adding some platform judge code at
driver, do you have other solutions?

node_usb_soc1: {
clocks = <&clks IMX6_CLK_USBOH3>;
};

node_usb_soc2: {
clocks = <&clks IMX27_CLK_USBIPG>, <&clks IMX27_CLK_USBOH3>, <&clks IMX27_CLK_USBPER>;
clock-names = "ipg", "ahb", "per";
};

Peter