[PATCH v5 0/8] charger/mfd: max14577: Add support for MAX77836
From: Krzysztof Kozlowski
Date: Thu Aug 28 2014 - 09:07:55 EST
This is a fifth version of patches adding support for
MAX77836 device to the max14577 drivers.
This patchset has been on the lists for quite long time and was already
reviewed by all necessary maintainers except power supply.
I need acks from power supply subsystem (patches: 3, 5-8).
Generally this should be pulled at once but some parts may be split
and pulled separately in following batches:
- Patches 1 and 2: as MFD prerequisites,
- Patches 3-5: adding actual charger code, depends on 1 and 2,
- Patch 6: fuel-gauge, independent,
- Patches 7 and 8: only documentation.
Lee Jones said he can take the set through his tree. Still I need acks
from power subsystem.
Everything rebased on Linus' tree (v3.17-rc2-9-g68e370289c29).
Changes since v4
1. Add Lee Jones' acks to patch 1 and 2 (mfd).
2. power max17040 6/8: Remove duplicated (and not used) value of id
in array of i2c_device_id. (suggested by Lee Jones)
Changes since v3
1. Split MFD changes into separate new patches:
1/8: mfd: max14577: Add defines for MAX77836 charger
2/8: Map charger device to its own of_node
Suggested by Lee Jones.
Changes since v2
1. charger: Use sysfs instead of DTS for setting the fast charge timer.
The charger driver now selects the CONFIG_SYSFS and exports
a DEVICE_ATTR. (suggested by Mark Rutland)
2. Add patch 6 with documentation of exported sysfs entry for fast
3. charger 3/6: Add missing 'break' in switch parsing valid values
for fast charge timer.
Changes since v1
1. charger 3/5: Add an error message for each unsuccessful parse of DT
property (suggested by Mark Rutland).
2. charger 3/5: Use 'u32' type for storing values from DT (suggested
by Mark Rutland).
3. charger 3/5: Remove an error message for memory allocation failure.
The patchset (first and second part of the MAX77836 drivers) has been
on the lists since January. Changelog for the first part of the drivers
Krzysztof Kozlowski (8):
mfd: max14577: Add defines for MAX77836 charger
mfd: max14577: Map charger device to its own of_node
charger: max14577: Add support for MAX77836 charger
regulator/mfd: max14577: Export symbols for calculating charger
charger: max14577: Configure battery-dependent settings from DTS and
power: max17040: Add ID for MAX77836 Fuel Gauge block
devicetree: mfd: max14577: Add device tree bindings document
Documentation: charger: max14577: Document exported sysfs entry
Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-class-power | 14 +
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mfd/max14577.txt | 146 ++++++++
drivers/mfd/max14577.c | 100 +++++-
drivers/power/Kconfig | 5 +-
drivers/power/max14577_charger.c | 370 +++++++++++++++++++--
drivers/power/max17040_battery.c | 3 +-
drivers/regulator/max14577.c | 80 +----
include/linux/mfd/max14577-private.h | 95 ++++--
include/linux/mfd/max14577.h | 30 ++
9 files changed, 704 insertions(+), 139 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mfd/max14577.txt
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/