Re: [PANIC, hyperv] BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request at ffff880077800004 (hv_ringbuffer_write)

From: Dan Carpenter
Date: Fri Aug 29 2014 - 05:50:17 EST

It's sort of weird that this is an alignment issue. The config that
was posted earlier was an x86_64 config and on that system then the
pointers from kmalloc() should already be aligned correctly at
sizeof(u64).

Earlier I said I suspected the code is racy, so possibly changing from
kmalloc() to get_zeroed_page() just changes the timing enough so we
don't see the race condition.

regards,
dan carpenter