eeprom Board Information EEPROM

From: Andreas Werner
Date: Fri Aug 29 2014 - 14:56:57 EST

I have a question regarding a driver for a Board Information EEPROM.

I want to give our customer easy access to our Board Information EEPROM
which is an 256byte I2C eeprom.

There is a defined structure of information at the beginning of the eeprom
which includes board name, serialnumber, production date, repair date and
a eeprom structure ident number.

The rest of the eeprom is for user defined settings where customer can write
any data to.

I want to have access to the eeprom without any special to and without installing
anything just running linux and to a cat/echo to sysfs entries to read/write
data to the eeprom.

What i want to do is to create sysfs entries for the pre defined settings and
on entrie where customer can access the rest of the eeprom bytes.

Is drivers/misc/eeprom the right place to put those kind of driver in? Or are
there any other options to write those kind of driver?

Regards
Andy