On August 31, 2014 3:32:19 PM PDT, Arjan van de Ven <arjan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 8/31/2014 1:06 PM, åçé wrote:
Hi, folksAndroid Smartphone use case:
I'm back to this discussion,
The original requirement of my first RFC patchset is mainly for
press(don't consider uboot or lk biotloader here).
1. We want light on LCD and draw a logo immediately after power key
2. We want the whole kernel boot fast to give user the Android Launchdeaktop
3. The modem initialization/reset is slowMT6595...)
4. The Touchpad firmware upgrade is slow
5. We have many cpu cores(up to 8 in latest exynos 5430 and
6. We have few schedulable/parallellizable threadsmodprobe...but lose parallelization in userspace)
7. We compiled all of the modules in the kernel(stupid? avoid
still reserve the requred dependencies to let them still work as
So, I think about is that possible to async most of the probes, but
you can boot a whole kernel including all graphics in less than 0.5
seconds, even without this patchset.
You forgot to add "on certain subset of hardware and configuration".