Re: PROBLEM: 3.17-rc3 module dependency loops

From: RICARD Christophe
Date: Thu Sep 04 2014 - 14:56:37 EST

Hi Michel,

Thank you for your feedback. I actually appology for the mistake.
However, the issue got already reported and a fix proposal was done at the following location:
https://lists.01.org/pipermail/linux-nfc/2014-September/002918.html

Best Regards
Christophe

Le 04/09/2014 18:55, Michael Shigorin a Ãcrit :
Hello,
I've spotted these depmod loops while building 3.17-rc3:

depmod: ERROR: Found 6 modules in dependency cycles!
depmod: ERROR: Cycle detected: st21nfcb -> ndlc -> nci -> nfc -> st21nfcb
depmod: ERROR: Cycle detected: nci -> nfc -> nci

Had to disable NFC_NCI, NFC_ST21NFCB.

PS: not subscribed to LKML, CC please.