Re: [GIT PULL] bcache changes for 3.17

From: Jens Axboe
Date: Fri Sep 05 2014 - 13:10:17 EST

On 09/05/2014 11:03 AM, Arne Wiebalck wrote:

> On Sep 5, 2014, at 6:41 PM, Peter Kieser <peter@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:

>>> Just "piping up" as I care about bcache and actually use it in production on 3.10! Shame I don't have the knowledge to try and backport these though :-)
>>>
>>> Eddie
>>
>> I'm "piping up" as well, I use bcache on 3.10 in production.
>>
>> -Peter
>>

> More "piping up": we currently use bcache on a few nodes in production, on 3.14 and 3.15, and plan to roll it out on a wider scale now.
> If necessary we'll go with these kernels, but we'd certainly prefer our usual 3.10-based CentOS kernel.

OK, so we definitely have people using it in production. My concern was
that whomever does the backport of the appropriate patches to 3.10/14/15
stable would have an audience for getting some amount of testing of such
a patch series.

Now we just need someone to line up to do the work...

--
Jens Axboe