Re: [GIT PULL] KVM changes for 3.17-rc4

From: Thomas Gleixner
Date: Fri Sep 05 2014 - 16:58:55 EST

On Fri, 5 Sep 2014, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 3:16 AM, Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > are available in the git repository at:
> >
> > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/virt/kvm/kvm.git tags/for-linus
>
> Nothing new there. Forgot to push out, or perhaps to use "-f" to
> overwrite the previous tag of the same name?

And even if there would be something, please do not pull the top most
commit b11ba8c62be3eb (KVM: x86: fix kvmclock breakage from timers
branch merge).

That one is blantanly wrong and just hacks badly around a brown
paperbag bug in the core timekeeping code, which I introduced in the
last overhaul.

It's debugged and understood. Fix is posted and if confirmed by the
KVM folks it will go to you before rc4.

Thanks,

tglx